As we look at beginning the ninth month of a unique year for almost everyone, there are a lot of questions that homeowners are asking. One of the biggest questions is, “is now a good time for me to sell my home?” The answer is a resounding “YES!”
This blog post explains a bit more why now is such a great time for sellers to consider selling their home. Take a look and let us know if you have any questions about the local Jersey Shore real estate market. We’re always happy to answer your questions.
- People are Buying Homes: Buyers are still out buying. While things may feel iffy, it’s not stopping people from having babies, taking job transfers, and moving forward with their real estate goals. There are a host of reasons why buyers are looking to buy their next home! Which brings us to the next point on our list, there’s a shortage of homes available for these buyers.
- There Aren’t Enough Homes on the Market: There is a major shortage of available homes for the buyers. This means great things for those wanting to sell! Low inventory creates urgency in buyers. We’re seeing homes go under contract in a matter of days lately and bidding wars with homes selling for tens of thousands over asking price. This is such great news if you’ve considered selling.
- The Value of Home is More Important Now Than Ever Before: With more individuals working from home, there are more reasons people want to invest in a place to call home. This new emphasis on home has meant that buyers are wanting to plant roots in a place where they’ll be comfortable with their family. Ensuring your home is a place where you’ll want to hunker down has made some buyers finally reconsider what they want in their residence.
- Interest Rates are at an All-Time Low: The latest numbers have shown that interest rates are still at historic lows. This means that buyers will save possibly tens of thousands over the life of their loan. Those who have been toying with the thought of home ownership are finding that now is a great time to make a move.
- The Economy is Bouncing Back: As the country’s businesses begin to reopen and the economy is recovering, things are moving forward. This is a great time to capitalize on the excitement and sell your home. Those who may have “waited it out” are finding that now is a good time to start the home search.
While this year has thrown us all some curveballs, selling a home is smarter than ever. Call us to learn why we think it’s a great idea to sell your Jersey Shore home right now!