Summer reading is first on most of our summer bucket lists. There’s not much that’s more enjoyable than devouring a great book, drinking an icy drink, and enjoying the outdoors in summertime. Whether you’re heading to the beach, the pool, or your backyard, this list has tips for creating an enviable book nook in each. Embrace your inner bookish beach bum persona this summer with the help of these great tips!
Beach Book Haven
Reading your favorite book on the sandy shore is the ultimate way to enjoy your summer reading. The background of the waves and a few squawking birds makes for an extra special reading nook. Here are a few ways to make your beach reads even more enjoyable this summer.
(Please note, the links in this post are affiliate links. Our marketing partner may receive compensation if you purchase any of these items from a link used in this post.)
- A comfortable place to sit is the first order of business. These beach chairs transport easily with a backpack design and are comfortable for relaxing for long hours.
- An umbrella is an important element for comfy beach reading. No one wants the glare of the sun making it impossible to read your latest thriller!
- Grab an ereader, such as this Kindle Paperwhite, to fill with a robust “To Be Read” list. The Kindle Unlimited plan is a great one for making it easy to find your next reads.
- An insulated can cooler will hold all your drinks for sipping and keep things ice cold!
- This drink stand fits perfectly on an umbrella and keeps everyone’s drinks out of the sand.
- A cooler bag is the only way to transport your drinks and snacks (a summer reading essential) down to the beach. This one is lightweight and keeps drinks chilled and ready to go.
Whether it’s a backyard pool, a community pool, or a hotel pool, not much beats a poolside reading session. Create an oasis with the help of these items and tips.
- Shatterproof glasses are essential for enjoying a read next to the pool. These come in a variety of fun colors as well!
- Outdoor speakers (these are disguised as stones to blend in with surroundings) are essential for some ambient reading music.
- This oversized sun hat is a perfect way to keep the sun out of your eyes in a poolside reading nook.
- This beautiful tray has its own bug proof cover to keep snacks protected while lounging poolside.
Bookish in the Backyard
If you aren’t able to make it to a body of water this summer, there are still plenty of ways to create a fantastic backyard reading nook. The key is to create an outdoor room that is as relaxing as it is beautiful!
- Repeat after us, “BOOKS NOT BUGS!” Nobody wants to deal with pesky mosquitos in their backyard when their book is just starting to get good! Drive them away with the help of this tabletop device.
- A fan is key on hot days. This tabletop version has a fun vintage design that will work with your decor.
- This covered patio lounge set is the perfect place to curl up with a fantastic read. It features tons of space for entertaining, cozy corners for naps, and a cover to keep the rays at bay.
- Infusing pitchers are a great way to create spa water at home. Just place some fruits into your pitcher’s chamber and allow it to infuse your water.